The B. Ed. in Primary Programme
prepares persons to become teachers at the Primary level of the education system. This programme prepares an individual to teach students from Grade 3 to 6. The Primary Programme exposes students to content and methodology to teach from Grade 1 to 6.
The B. ED in Primary education is offered in two modalities – full-time and part-time.
- The full-time programme is normally completed over a four-year period
- The part-time programme is normally completed over a six-year period.
The full-time programme is normally completed over a four-year period, between the hours of 8:00am- 4:00pm daily.
The part-time programme is normally completed over a five-year period, between the hours of 4:30pm to 8:30pm daily
Minimum Entry Requirements – Five CSEC/GCE
- English Language
- Social Science Subject
- Natural Science Subject and
- any other academic subject (except Electronic Document Preparation and Management (EDPM)
CXC/CSEC – Grades 1 to 3
GCE/GCSE – Grades A, B or C
City & Guilds – English and Math – Level 3
N.B. Please see Admissions for alternative/additional entry requirement options.
Documents Required for Admissions
- Completed Application Form
- Application Fee
- Birth Certificate
- CSEC/GCSE/ City & Guilds Academic Certification
- 1 Passport Size Picture
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable)
- 2 Recommendations
- Medical Certificate
N.B. Original and copies of documents must be presented at the submission of the application.