Students can apply for admission to the master degree program at any time during the year. Early application is recommended.
Applicants applying for the program must submit the following:
- Completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee (fee not required for alumni or students seeking readmission).
- Official Transcripts – An official transcript issued to the Catholic College of Mandeville from the institution posting the applicant’s completed bachelor’s degree and other relevant transcripts documenting potential transfer credits. (An official transcript is one that is sent to the Catholic College of Mandeville by the credit-granting institution and must be deemed by Saint Mary’s University to be equivalent to accredited U.S. university standards). Applicants to the M.Ed. in Teaching and Learning Jamaica program are not required to complete an English language proficiency exam due to the partnership with the Catholic College of Mandeville.
- Personal Statement – A one-two page personal statement which includes:
- A brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience
- A statement indicating the career goals of the applicant and their reasons for seeking admission to the program
- A description of the area(s) which the applicant considers to be their strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities
- Personal information the applicant wishes to share
- Two letters of recommendation that verify professional and/or volunteer experience and academic ability.
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience.
You can download the application form here
Application materials should be sent to:
Catholic College of Mandeville
Attn: M.Ed. Program
Jamaica, West Indies